Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Battle Begins

Since Kiwi started his new job in February I have gained 15lbs (6.8kg). I'm not proud of it, and have tried to ignore it over the last few months thinking that it might go away on it's own. Weight fluctuates. I'm just adjusting to my metabolism slowing down, I'm not in my teens anymore. At first I thought Kiwi had shrunk all my jeans in the laundry but I soon realised that the pants didn't get smaller, my butt had gotten bigger. I've never been one to obsess over their weight, going to the gym or dieting. I've gone along in my life, happy with who and how I was. I don't mind being curvy and I certainly do not approve of starving myself to be a size 0, but putting on this much weight in a short amount of time is not a healthy thing. It is also not doing anything for my attitude.

I often find myself depressed with how I look. My clothes don't fit, I have new stretch marks, I am generally upset when I look in the mirror. Why am I blogging about this, you may ask?

I am going to change.

If I blog about my struggle to lose weight, it might motivate me. A documentation and a written self-encouragement. Since Kiwi is not home during the day most of my battles will be done alone. I have time during the day between work to go for a walk, do some exercises, or go to yoga.

I am hoping not to just lose weight, but to gain muscle. Making it easier for my metabolism and my body to digest the food I eat and burn the fat I aquire. I love food. I don't intend on limiting myself in that department, but I will be more mindful of what food I eat.

My first step was digging out my running shoes. After yoga yesterday afternoon, the sun decided to poke it's head out for a while. I snagged the opportunity, threw on my shoes and popped in some earbuds and power walked up a nearby hill to Dragonette. After about 15 minutes of power walking and a short jog my lungs were fit to burst and I couldn't feel my legs anymore. Pathetic, I know, but once I got in the door I felt a huge sense of relief. I was finally on my way to becoming who I want to be.


My "cute little running shoes," says Kiwi


-Strawberry

No comments:

Post a Comment